Friday, June 14, 2013

Chicken Fried Rice Recipe | Indo-Chinese Recipe


I already have a post on Eggfried rice which I learnt from my mom. Later I just tried the same recipe with chicken and it came out really well. TH being a chicken addict loves it. I make it twice in a month at least.


In this recipe I used Soy sauce and chilli sauce which are store bought. I followed the same procedure as I did for egg fried rice except adding this chilli sauce. The color of the rice is also because of the sauce. Adding tomato ketchup to the recipe is an optional, since I don’t like the flavor of it I skipped adding it. Using vegetables is also purely optional.



Ingredients

2 cups basmati rice
3-4 green chillies
3 garlic cloves
Pinch of sugar
Veggies of choice
½ cup of chicken chunks
Eggs (optional)
Spring onion (roughly chopped)
Bell peppers/capsicum (chopped)
Salt
1tsp soy sauce
Chilli sauce (adjust to taste)

How to cook rice:

  • Wash and soak rice with 4 cups of water (1:2) ratio for 15-20 minutes.
  • Cook rice with little of salt and 1 tsp of oil in a pressure cooker.
  • Fluff the rice and allow it to cool.

 Preparatory steps:
  • Wash chicken with little of turmeric powder and cut into small chunks.
  • In a large pan heat enough of water and cook the chicken chunks until it is perfectly cooked.
  • Chop the veggies (if using). I used carrots, cabbage and green peas.
  • Grind green chillies and garlic coarsely with no water.

 Cooking method:

  • In a wok heat 1 ½ tbsp of oil, add pinch of sugar. Once it turns brown add the chilly-garlic paste. Fry till the raw smell leaves.
  • Now add the julienned veggies, capsicum. Cook of high flame. Take care to maintain the crunchiness of the veggies.
  • Once it is cooked add soy sauce and chilli sauce.  Add salt (only for the veggies, rice has been cooked with salt already) and mix well.
  • Then add the chicken chunks and blend well with the sauces.
  • Remove from the flame. Mix the cooked rice with the veggies. Check for salt.
  • Garnish with roughly chopped spring onions.

                                                                                 
Notes:
I used scrambled eggs, as I did for Egg fried rice.

Linking this Recipe to: Cooking with Seeds Rice Event 


No comments:

Post a Comment