Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Rava Kichadi - Sooji Kichadi - Semolina Kichadi



Rava Kichadi - Sooji Kichadi - Semolina Kichadi


Ahhh… Rava kichadi *smile* my favorite!!! I can live eating only dat. I love kichadis either done with rava or semiya…*smile* but unfortunately TH hates it :sad: . So I rarely make it for dinner. The ultimate taste of kichadi is ghee… it will melt in ur mouth …. And I can’t resist myself from eating and I had 4-5 spoons while taking photos itself...:-D I have served it with Tamilnadu Style Coconut Chutney (Recipe coming soon*smile*


Preparation time: 5minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes

Ingredients

1 cup Rava
5 cups of water
1 onion
1 tomato
2 green chillies
1tsp ginger-garlic paste
½ cup of veggies (carrots,French beans, green peas, potatoes)
1 pinch turmeric powder
Salt
1tbsp oil
1tsp ghee

To temper

1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urad dal
1tsp chana dal
Few curry leaves(optional)
1 clove
1 inch cinnamon stick
1 bayleaf

How to make it

  • In a pan dry roast rava till light brown and keep aside.  
  • I used roasted rava, still I have roasted it for my satisfaction. You can skip if u doesn’t want.

  • In a kadai heat oil and ghee together. Ghee generally enhances the taste of kichadi. If u doesn’t want to use it, replace with oil.
  • Temper with the items given. Fry straight-wise cut onions till transparent.
  • Once done add ginger-garlic paste and green chillies. Stir well.

  • Add tomatoes and cook for some time. Add the vegetables and fry well for 1-2mins.

  • Add turmeric powder and salt. Add water and allow boiling.

  • Add the roasted rava to the boiling water by constantly stirring with a ladle. Rava will generally form lumps when it is added with water. So keep stirring while adding.
  • Cook till it becomes soft and water gets absorbed by rava. Cook on low flame. It took around 10 mins for me to cook.




No comments:

Post a Comment