Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Poondu-Milagu Kuzhambu - Kuzhambu Recipes




Poondu-Milagu Kuzhambu - Kuzhambu Recipes


The worst part in life is getting running nose and sore throat together. I have been going through my own worst-est ever part in my life...  haaaatcchhu….!!! :-S I neva used to take medicines for my running nose... I wonder from where this word “running nose” comes from :lol:... is dat mean ur nose is running some where?? :-D Aahha … leave dat... This is not a post about running nose … 



So ultimately I made this kuzhambu for my sore throat and on eating it with a spoon full of ghee on top makes me to feel heaven… *smile* I served it with vazhakkai podimas *smile*

Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes

Ingredients

5-7 shallots/ small onions
1 lemon sized tamarind/ 2tsp of thick tamarind paste
½ tsp pepper corns
5-6 garlic pods
2tsp sambar powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
Salt

 To temper

1tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp fenugreek seeds
1-2 red chilies
3-4 curry leaves

How to make it

  • Grind pepper corns and garlic pods into a smooth paste.
  • In a kadai heat oil and temper the items given. Fry shallots till it becomes golden brown.
  • Add sambar powder,turmeric powder to it. Mix well.
  • Extract the tamarind juice; dilute it by adding 1½ cups of water. Add the diluted juice and bring to boil.
  • Now add the garlic-pepper paste to it. Check for salt. Simmer till the kuzhambu reaches the consistency.
  • Serve hot with steamed rice; add ghee on top to enhance the flavor.




Notes:

Tempering in a separate pan and adding at the last gives extra-ordinary flavor and very good appealing for the kuzhambu.

PS

Sorry for not having the step-wise pictures in my recent posts.... will update it soon... haaaatcchuu *prays*



No comments:

Post a Comment